Objective and Significance: –
This test method is used for evaluating ductility. Unless otherwise specified it shall be permissible to age bend test specimen. The time-temperature cycle employed must be such that the effects of previous processing will not be materially changed. It may be accomplished by aging at room temperature 24 to 48h.
Aim of this test is to determine Rebending capacity of the reinforcing Bar.
Bar Bending Machine: – This Machine is used to bend the bar.
- First bend the bar to including angle of 135 degree.
- Keep it in boiling water at 100 degree for 30 minutes.
- Then cool it down for some time.
- After cooling bent it back to including angle of 157.5 degree
- The rebar should not show any rupture or cracks to a person with normal or corrected vision.
- While applying load on the sample bar it is important to ensure that the load is uniform, smooth and vertically downwards. Impulse load should be avoided.
- After getting satisfactory results, you can approve the steel for further usage in actual construction.
If the Rebending around the pin could be done without cracking on the outside of the bent portion the result is ‘satisfactory’. If cracking was found on the outside of the bent portion, it would be considered that the rod did not meet the bending requirements and the result is ‘unsatisfactory’.