What is P.C.C.?
P.C.C. is a technical term. It is an acronym of Plane Cement Concrete. In the foundation work of a structure, P.C.C. is done before the actual R.C.C. work to form a level surface. In other words, P.C.C. gives a level and smooth surface to the actual foundation.
P.C.C. is not something that gives strength to the building. But it a very essential part. Because of its importance to give a firm and uniform base to the foundation is High.
P.C.C. is normal concrete with a mixture of Cement, sand, Coarse aggregates, and water. the volumetric proportion of P.C.C. is generally 1:3:6 or 1:4:8.
Precautions before P.C.C. work-
Some basic precautions should be taken before the actual P.C.C. work. The list mentioned below is sufficient to understand the precautions.
- Even Surface- Base for the P.C.C. should be even no major undulations should be there. The uneven surface may affect the depth of the P.C.C. It may lead to loss of concrete.
- Pit Clean- There should not be loose earth material in the P.C.C. pit. Loose material directly affects the quality and strength. Make sure all the loose material is properly removed,
- Water excavation- Some moisture is allowed but water more than an inch deep is not allowed. Pump out all the water before the execution.
- Accessible place- The place where actual P.C.C. will be done should be easily accessible. No loose material should fall in the pit or on the labors in operation.
Execution work of P.C.C. work-
- Check the center of footing- Take R.C.C. drawing and make sure the center of the P.C.C. is right. Check the orientation also for the rectangular P.C.C.
- Dimensions of P.C.C.- Mark the dimensions of P.C.C. It will help with the shuttering work.
- Prepare shuttering- Shuttering should be of the exact size. Check the size of P.C.C. in drawing and make sure it should be accurate.
- Pouring- Make sure material should not be poured from height above 1.5 meters. Pour concrete evenly. compact concrete time to time if the concrete quantity is more.
- Plum- If unable to level the surface and depth of the P.C.C. is more in some areas, then do plum concrete. Approve the design of plum concrete from the respective consultants.
- P.C.C. level- Level the P.C.C. evenly. Make the surface smooth with tools like Randha. Maintain depth of the P.C.C. so that there will not be material loss.
- curing- After the completion of P.C.C. work make sure curing should be done for at least 14 days.